Thursday, September 4, 2008

Budding logic...

Like many her age, Adrienne is learning not to take out her frustrations by throwing or hitting. We especially talk about not throwing things at people or hitting other living things (acceptable alternatives are pillows and soft furniture). SO... earlier this week when she threw a hard baby doll at Claire and clocked her in the head, she had to be punished. She was not happy, Claire was not happy, and I was wondering how many times we were going to have to go through this before it would sink in...

To my surprise, later that day, as she was contemplating another test of my boundaries and patience by hitting some objects that were close to Claire, and said "no hit peoples." Then she asked "Claire is a peoples??" I said, "Yes Claire is certainly a very important peoples". And she concluded, "no hit Claire peoples," and resisted the urge to injure her sister. I cheered her choice and self control.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so cute...well, not in the moment...but cute much, much later. i am wondering now how juliet will react to baby Sadie...we'll know soon enough!!