I am realizing that as my little Adrienne approaches age 2, she is becoming increasingly keen on what the world has to offer and, slowly but surely, harder and harder to please. The little things that once offered such satisfaction and excitement just don't get the same response anymore (sound famliar??I know I am guitly).
Fast food is not common in our home... Chicken nuggets are a treat (or sometimes a bribe to end a trip to the park or the pool without incident). So when we had been out for a morning of errands and I was feeling grateful for her behavior, I told Adrienne we were going to drive through Chick-fil-a and get some nuggets . What a treat. I waited for the gleeful response... Instead, she asks (in the sweetest little voice) "mommy?... and... french fries??" .... "Ok, honey, I said, (even though we generally take our nuggets home accompany them with something remotely healthy from the fridge) we can share a few french fries this time, too." Still waiting for the roar of excitement, instead I hear...."and.... yemonade, mommy?? I need yemonade, too." .... "Well, sweety," I reply, "You have been very good this morning, what the heck, lets make it a value meal today." Well, the child is quickly learning to get while the getting is good, and has run out of things that she knows she can get from our favorite drive -through window but, hey, why not ask? "mommy?... and.... cupcakes???" "(Sigh), Let's just get though the first three courses and then we can think about dessert."
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ha! Sounds like Zachary and little A are related! We'll have a feast of "chickin nuggents", apples and "lemonane" after a trip to the pool (which we have to spell p-o-o-l so he doesn't pick up on it, so he, of course says "Zarachary p-i-l????"). We mommies could learn a lot from our toddlers' capable negotiation style, don't you think? Talk soon...
Post a Comment