When I was in the last weeks of pregnancy with Claire I got awfully tired of fetching Adrienne's 2 blankies from around the house, bed, car, etc, so I decided to use up the rest of the fabric that I bought before she was born and make 4 more to add to the collection and make it easier to locate one at any moment.... Today I broke a rule and let her take one along in the car. It was a very hot day and I had to leave the windows open to cool down the car until the air started working. (you see where this is going) Just a mile or so from home, Adrienne declares "mommy, where blanket go??"... through some question and answer, I learned that Adrienne "frow blankie window".... followed by "mommy FIND blankie" "get it , geeeeeeeet, it".... I did my best to search the side of the road by car, drawing the line at leaving my little ones in a car on the side of a busy road on a 97 degree day to hunt it down on foot. So we had to bid it farewell forever. I figure there will be similar stories for the remaining 5 that disappear along the way.
Ironically, we were on our way to Joann's to get some fabric for Claire's blankies now that she has shown such an interest in Adrienne's. So I guess I can look forward to going through this again with a new set of blankies in the years to come :)
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment